Search This Blog

Thursday, December 17, 2009

Dpict Illustration Exhibition : the opening

The opening starts at 7 but so far, the hall seems to be quiet. Suddenly I wished my friends in cebu were here, it would've been warmer and all fun.

I have brought my journals and postcards for sale from papersandtschai. They look happy. Oops. They're upside down! Wait let's fix this... and I need to put my iamgovinda cards.

Finally, Erik arrives. We had all the time looking at each piece of work, realizing that some are quite humorous, some are innovative, but most of them are really amazing. I'm going to do a separate post about them.

After two years of chasing each other's schedule, we finally meet again!!! I was so thrilled to see Chichux last night. I hugged her like crazy. Nothing has changed really - I'm still gamay and she's still slim as ever. Well ok except for one thing: she already has the coolest tattoo on her left foot.

I met some monkeys. Not in a racist way of saying it, I really did, they say they're the Brown Monkeys. They're really nice and typical pinoy-funny. They say I might join them soon. Well I can't wait to be a brown monkey! :)

We were getting hungry so we head out to the foodcourt to grab a pizza, spaghetti, burgers and fries. I'm so lucky to have these guys in Dubai! We hang out and had good laughs. Until I got a call from the exhibit. Ooops. Am I not suppose to eat yet?

When I got back, I met my husband's office mates and they were all very kind to me. I was glad to finally meet and have a quick chat with them. I had to make a tiny bit of doodle to complete the night then I'm home.

All in all, it was an interesting night. I met awesome people, finally get to meet my husband's friends, and made some people wonder at my works.

I'm not sure if this is the official photo of us. But here are some of us. That's me, in a red Gap Kids corduroy dress, brightly wounded in delightness.

2 comments:

  1. Awesome! I am so happy to see this and would have loved to be there!! Sigh. Big hugs to you faerie friend. More artsy endeavors to come!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh dimps..so proud of u i can cry and wish i was there on your exhibit. Mwaaaah!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails